What are essential oils?
Essential oils are the natural essence of a plant. The “essence” is found in the form of a highly concentrated volatile substance, within the cells of some (but not all) plant types. Plants create this essence, in order to heal itself (they are the plant’s medicine), protect itself from predators and to attract pollinators. Yay! This natural volatile substance (aka. the essential oil of the plant), is extracted from the plant and can offer us incredible therapeutic benefits, if we have the proper knowledge of how and when to use them, safely!
In this workshop, I will share with you my favorite ways to use essential oils and basic essential oil safety, along with some methods that I prefer to stay away from. Please take what resonates with you, and leave what doesn’t. But, before we dive into use, let me briefly explain what “Aromatherapy” is as well…
What is Aromatherapy?
Aromatherapy, is the use of essential oils and aroma, through varying application methods, to help an individual alter or enhance there transpersonal well being (the balance and holistic (whole) health of the mind, body, spirit and emotions).
The Basic Common Methods of Use:
Taught in the “The Essential Life” book, or the “Modern Essentials” book (popular reference/usage guide books for essential oil distributors):
- Internal (I do not use or recommend)
Taught by me:
- Inhalation (a form of Aromatic)
- Diffusion (a form of Aromatic)
(Important Note: I do NOT use or recommend the use of essential oils to be taken internally, nor do I recommend using them on or around animals and/or children under the age of 4. This is for safety purposes. Please do not take any essential oils internally, unless you are under the direction and care of a Licensed Medical Professional or Clinical Aromatherapist, who knows your complete medical history.)
Specific ways I personally use and recommend using essential oils, (using the basic methods mentioned above):
- Emotional wellness (aromatic)
- Spiritual wellness (aromatic)
- Energetic protection and chakra balancing (aromatic and topical)
- Rest and relaxation (aromatic and topical)
- Sleep enhancement (aromatic and topical)
- Mood management (aromatic and topical)
- Space clearing and energetic protection (aromatic and topical)
- Personal, spiritual and psychic development (aromatic)
- Chemical free cleaning options, healthy air, candles and skincare products (aromatic and topical)
- Fitness and muscle soreness (aromatic and topical)
- Occasional tummy upset (topical)
- Seasonal immune support and respiratory health (aromatic and topical)
- Manifestation (aromatic)
I will cover all of the topics above, in detail, throughout the duration of this beginner workshop.