Here is MY thought on this subject, Pretty Blossom, but I would encourage you to have your own experiences and honor your own theories.
There are many different opinions regarding how and why Crystal Healing works. It can be a frustrating topic to decode, and confusing to distinguish between what information is real and what is not. Crystal Healing is an energetic and spiritual practice (in my view), not an exact science, but the possible science behind crystal healing is a heck of a lot of fun to explore as well! 🙂 Welcome to the realm of the Metaphysical (beyond science)…
My Theory of How and Why Crystal Healing works is alarmingly practical.
Crystal Healing is an energetic and spiritual practice. In my view, it is a cooperative effort between the practitioner or self healer, the crystals, the body’s energetic and spiritual anatomy (the aura & chakras), meditation and the power of our intention to heal. Wowza, there are a whole lot of contributing factors included there, but I believe that they each play a very important part. Stay with me!
Crystal Healing (at least how I use the term), is all about bringing your chakras into balance, and the body into its natural state of harmony (or homeostasis).
In my view, Vibrational Crystal Healing through the chakras is a basic and simple practice that each of us uniquely develop and practice, as a way to check in with your own mental, emotion, physical, and spiritual health. When we notice that something feels “off”, we then use our knowledge of the energy body and our holistic tools to gently bring health back to the area that is lacking.
- Everything is energy, and everything is connected.
- Each area of our life is connected to all others of our life, and the Universe.
- When you feel happy and balanced, that is because you have consciously worked on each area and feel generally healthy and fulfilled in each. High fives!
- When we feel imbalanced, it is because we have neglected a certain area of our life, (or perhaps not dealt with past emotional pains or traumas that tend to block our chakra centers), which in turn effects our happiness and balance in that area of our life and in all others.
- In order for our lives to feel whole and well, it is important to revisit each of these chakras daily to access where you are focusing your energy, and to make sure that you are not only paying attention to one or two areas. Our goal (in general) is to nourish and care for each of our 7 Chakras equally, to gain more balance and harmony with out lives. 🙂
- The goal of Vibrational Crystal Healing is to provide a steady flow of positive energy into each area of our life (each area is represented by one of the 7 chakras), and to also provide a safe exit for the flow of negative energy to filter out of our body and spiritual anatomy, when it no longer serves a positive purpose.
- In this practice, healing crystals are our beautiful tool, provided by mother nature that helps us energize, benefit from, then filter out. This process is very similar to the way our physical body processes food. We take in food and water through our mouth. and our body absorbs it for energy. The food travels through our digestive system and our body takes from the food what it needs to function and store. Once it has absorbed what is useful, our body works to eliminate the waste. Fact: Without food and water, our bodies would die. Fact: With out the elimination of the waste, our bodies would die.
- With Vibrational Crystal Healing, we are working to make sure that our Spiritual Anatomy is functioning in a similar to our physical body, using energy from our environment as it’s source of “food”. We take in energy through our chakras (energy centers), our etheric body (aura) absorbs it, takes energy from it, processes it, and then releases what it no longer needs, or what is no longer beneficial to it (negative energy).
- This practice of Crystal Healing, in my view, is a form of active and mindful meditation. Food does not provide fuel to our spirit, thoughts, or emotions… Energy within our environment does. That is why it is so important to be aware of the energy in your environment, as well as your spiritual anatomy and how it is functioning. Learning how to block out, take in, process, and let go of this energy is crucial to our Mental, Physical, Emotional, and Spiritual Health. If we ignore our Spiritual Anatomy and the energy within and around our bodies, stress is quite often the result. Stress is one of the most common contributors to all types of disease. Crystal Healing is a gentle, non-invasive, clothing on, empowering practice that everyone can benefit from! If you knew that there was a simple and inexpensive way that you could ease your mental mind, center your emotions, focus your thoughts, express your creativity, feel more connected to the earth and the Universe, energize your body, improve your relationships, connect with your spirit and cut down on the toxic negative energy and stress that eats away at your health, why wouldn’t you try picking up a healing crystal!? 🙂
Now, moving onto the crystals, their properties, and how to use them…
I find that healing crystals work in a number of ways.
They work as;
- Amplifiers of Energy
- Transmuters of Energy
- Purifiers of Energy
- Storage for Energy
- Plus, they are all so beautiful, how could just the sight of them not have a positive effect on your mind and mood!? 😉
Each crystal has it’s own energy and vibratory oscillation, just like each of our chakras, as we have learned.
Points I want to drive home;
- Usually, stones that are red in color, for example, mimic the lower vibration of a balanced red root (or base) chakra (your survival center).
- A crystal’s structure and energy stay constant and never change, due to their perfect and precise crystalline structure. This is unlike our bodies energy centers, which are constantly changing. By bringing a red healing crystal into the area of your red root (or base) chakra or aura, you are introducing a pure (and similar level) vibration to that chakra, but in its pure, optimally vibrating essence. The crystal’s vibration can then (in theory) interact with the energetic spin of the corresponding chakra, correcting it’s energy flow, bringing it back into balance. In this case, the healing crystal acts somewhat like a tuning fork. 🙂 It is the same process for each and every chakra in the chakra system. Pair an ever changing chakra with a similarly vibrating healing crystal (often the same color as the chakra) and you can bring the chakra back into proper balance, for optimal protection, energy intake, absorption, and release. (*This idea is further explained by MINIMAL ENTROPY, VIBRATION, and SACRED GEOMETRY.)
This theory is not just something that is read about. It is experienced. Don’t be surprised if you (as well as your future clients) feel energetic changes, tingling, heaviness, visualizations, sounds, temperature change or small vibrations within the areas of the chakras, and throughout the body while you work with healing crystals. This is a normal and common experience! 🙂 If these sensations ever become too much, simply and gently remove the crystals from the body.
- By placing crystals on your specific chakra points, we are also putting forth the intention to heal that area of the energetic system, and intern, the corresponding area of our life will also strengthen, balance, energize and improve.
- Crystals are natural amplifiers. By bringing a particular crystal into your chakra area or aura, you are bringing attention to that chakra, you plant your positive intention and you become fully aware and focused on this area of your life. You are connected to this area mentally, emotionally, physically and spiritually. By taking the simple step to bring awareness to where you need healing and balance, half of the healing process has already been done. 🙂 Once you are fully aware of what needs to be brought back into balance, you will begin to make conscious choices during your every day life to manifest the change you know that you need. This is a very powerful and effective way to mindfully meditate. Meditation provides your consciousness with time and space for focused thought, introspection, stress relief, as well as physical and mental relaxation. With stress being the number one cause for illness and disease in the body, you can imagine what kind of a positive effect this simple daily practice of mindful mediation with your crystal healing and chakra balancing could have on your overall health! Heck ya! Take that STRESS!
- As a Vibrational Crystal Healing practitioner, it is our job to educate our clients and students about this theory of self healing, so they feel empowered to bring the knowledge and experience you share with them home, so they can hopefully be able to come up with a life long self healing practice of their own that works for them, in a completely natural, practical and empowering way. More on this to come! 😉
(*This idea is further explained by the POWER OF INTENTION.)
Here is a list of the crystals that I prefer to use with each basic chakra. 🙂 Feel free to play around with others and see which ones work best for you!
- Crown Chakra- Clear Quartz
- Third Eye Chakra- Amethyst
- Throat Chakra- Blue Lace Agate
- Heart Chakra- Green Adventuring and Rose Quartz
- Solar Plexus Chakra- Citrine
- Sacral Chakra- Orange Carnelian
- Base (or Root) Chakra- Red Jasper
- Grounding *an extra, for about 6 inches below the feet- Black Tourmaline
If you haven’t got any healing crystals for your self-healing practice yet, this is a perfect set to start with! 🙂
Click HERE for the Crystal Healing Chakra Set.
In the beginning of this course, under the “Required Materials” section, you were asked to have the chakra crystals that I mentioned above on hand, as well as a few others. 🙂
Note~ The following are my own interpretations (not to be limited to these ideas), some of which differ from some common interpretations found in books, including “The Crystal Healer”. Crystal healing is all about your own experience with them, your intuition, and what resonates with you. In my view, there is a basic chakra crystal for everything, which is FANTASTIC, because I like to keep things simple. 😉 I encourage you to spend some time with each of your stones, so that you can get to know their energies, and what each brings to your life, as well as to the lives of your future clients and students! 🙂
- Color; Clear/White
- Chakra; Crown/All
- Emotional/Spiritual Healing Properties; Brings focus, adds and brings in positive energy, purifies and uplifts, connection to Source Energy/Higher Self/God/Divine Love, contentedness to oneness
- Healing Properties; Issues within the area of the crown chakra, promotes overall healing, energy, health and wellness
- Color; Purple
- Chakra; Third Eye
- Emotional/Spiritual Healing Properties; Obsessive compulsive disorder, anger and violent tendencies, calms nerves, tension, fear, sensitivity, grief, enhances the aura, meditation, connection to spirit, spirituality, dreams, intuitive vision (Clairvoyance)
- Physical Healing Properties; Issues within the area of the third eye chakra and head, as well as promoting healthy function of the bodies independent systems, addiction, pain, arthritics
Blue Lace Agate~
- Color; Blue
- Chakra; Throat
- Emotional/Spiritual Healing Properties; Gentle and calming, brings emotional release and soothes grief, promotes healthy communication with others, self expression, speaking your personal truth, raises your spiritual level and connection to spiritual ideas, communication with spirit, assists with spiritual expansion
- Physical Healing Properties; Issues within the area of the throat chakra and neck, ears, throat, speech, restful sleep, breathing, as well as promoting healthy skin, hair and glandular functions
- Color; Pink
- Chakra; Heart/Emotional
- Emotional/Spiritual Healing Properties; Deals with issues having to do with the emotional heart, self love, self esteem, your relationship with yourself, your relationships with others, parental love, nurturing emotions, breakup, divorce, heartbreak, eases emotional pain when love is lost, forgiveness, enhances female energy, hope, comfort during crisis, stress, guilt, jealousy, abuse
- Physical Healing Properties; Issues with the area of the lower heart chakra, lungs, asthma, lower chest, breasts, cancer, varicose veins, wrinkles, burns, aging, general aches and pains, comfort during crossing over
- Color; Green
- Chakra; Heart/Spiritual and Physical
- Emotional/Spiritual Healing Properties; Promotes emotional healing, soothes the emotional heart during physical/emotional/spiritual healing, facilitates contact with spirit guides, connects people to others on a deep emotional level, facilitates common understanding and respect of the self and others even among people of different views, beliefs and opinions. Allows you to know a person for who they truly are at the deepest core of their being. empathy, compassion, intuitive emotional connections to spirit and others (Empath)
- Physical Healing Properties; Issues within the area of the higher heart chakra. Good for muscle health, the physical heart, higher chest, adrenal glands, urogenital system and overall healing of the physical body
- Color; Yellow
- Chakra; Solar Plexus
- Emotional/Spiritual Healing Properties; Helps with controlling tenancies, yin and yang balance, will, personal power, emotional/mental/spiritual strength, career path, motivation, personal goals, drive, consistency, self confidence, vanity, selfishness, the feeling of separateness, individualism, your human avatar/outward appearance and how you carry yourself, ego, abundance, wealth, social status, your “gut feeling”, intuitive feeling center (Clairsentience)
- Physical Healing Properties; Issues within the area of the solar plexus chakra, stomach, gut, digestive system, digestive disorders, kidneys, liver, tissue, nausea, vomiting, detox
- Color; Orange
- Chakra; Sacral
- Emotional/Spiritual Healing Properties; Sexual desires, material desires, a deep wanting, attraction, lust, obsession, immaturity, sex drive, enhances masculine energy, passion, “the fire in your belly”, orgasm, creativity, study, taking action, courage, intellect, and the mental mind.
- Physical Healing Properties; Issues within the area of the sacral chakra, reproductive organs. Revitalizes and purifies the blood, sex hormones, improves menstrual cycle, eases cramping, uterus, cervix, female and male genitals, sperm and egg, placenta, pregnancy, fetal development, labor, child birth
- Color; Red
- Chakra; Base
- Emotional/Spiritual Healing Properties; Survival instincts, safety, offers protection, aids in death/rebirth, connection to food and animals, hunger, hydration, shelter, your tribe, the circle of life, earth cycles, meditation
- Physical Healing Properties; Issues within the area of the root chakra, the spine, bones, teeth, colon, and helps to prevent all types of physical illness.
- Color; Brown
- Chakra; Root/Earth
- Emotional/Spiritual Healing Properties; Responsibility, filters out and recycles negativity turning it into positive energy, speeds up the laws of cause and effect, karma, good for grounding, meditation, channels energy through the hands
- Physical Healing Properties; Good for physical expression and the legs, knees, ankles hands and feet.
- Color; Black
- Chakra; Root/Earth
- Emotional/Spiritual Healing Properties; Good for grounding, laughter, enhances healing ability, contentedness to the Earth, offers protection on all levels, balance, removing blockages, victim mentality, negativity, worry, the aura, all intuitive/psychic abilities, channels energy through the feet
- Physical Healing Properties; Improves left/right brain activity, mental health and healing, balder and lymphatic system, low blood pressure, depression, anxiety, anger, aids in detox
So, do you want to know all of the scientific facts about crystal healing!?
Don’t we all! The truth is, Science will never be able to fully explain why everyone’s use of crystal healing works for them. Each person has their own theories, and their own experience with holistic tools like this that are spiritual in nature, having to do with a persons beliefs, personal development and one’s consciousness. Our personal growth and experiences while working with healing crystals, as well as the homework we do and information that resonates with us, is our own proof as to how and why it works! 🙂
No matter what your beliefs and philosophies are, I would LOVE to hear about how you work with your healing crystals, and HOW and WHY they work for YOU! This will be an essay question during the last weeks of your course, so keep this info in mind, and explore your truths and personal philosophies!